Historical facts about Schloss Gevelinghausen:In 1299 Schloss Gevelinghausen was first mentioned in a document. In 1796 Baron von Wendt-Papenhausen acquired the castle. The poet Annette von Droste-Hülshoff stayed in the castle as a guest in 1824 and 1831.
In 1985 the estate was sold by the von Wendt family for economic reasons.
From the outside, the beautiful estate can be visited. Since a conference hotel of the administrative and professional association is located in the rooms, it is not possible to visit the castle! Not freely accessible to the public.
(Texts: Hotel Schloss Gevelinghausen GmbH and Tourismus Brilon Olsberg)