The approximately 600-square-meter area east of the Catholic parish church of St. John the Evangelist was used as a private garden by the incumbent pastors until 2005.
In 2011 and 2012, the parish transformed the garden into a public park. Meditative areas, such as in front of the little house in honor of St. Elizabeth, invite contemplation.
The large lawn and a garden hut provide space for church groups to engage in activities together.
It comes from the so-called "Elisabeth Home" on Aspenstraße. In 1921-1962, Dernbach sisters lived there and maintained a kindergarten, a sewing school and an infirmary.