The ceremonial laying of the foundation stone of the three-nave, neo-Romanesque pilaster church took place in 1905. It was blessed in 1907 and consecrated by Bishop Josef Schulte in 1911. In 1959, 1974 and 2020 the church was partially rebuilt and renovated. An extension of the historical Ibach organ, which dates back to 1865, took place in 1998. In 2000, the organ, which was restored by the Kreienbrink organ building company, was solemnly inaugurated.