The building was built in 1893, during the Prussian period, which began in 1816. In the last century it was structurally made clear when someone had to go to the authorities "to the office". That is why the high entrance stairs at the town hall. The peculiarity of the building is that it was built solely from the citizens' own funds, without state subsidies.
Today, the historic building houses, among other things, the council hall, which is used for meetings of the council and committees of the town of Geseke, as well as for cultural events, and the wedding room of the town of Geseke. Furthermore, there are offices of the city administration of Geseke.