Old half-timbered house Stockebrand

Cultural center

#deinsauerland / Outdooractive POIs / Old half-timbered house Stockebrand

Cultural and meeting place which is regularly used by the Kulturverein and Heimatverein Möhnesee for exhibitions of local artists, readings and musical events.




Old half-timbered house Stockebrand

Küerbiker Straße 3

59519 Möhnesee

Telefon: 02924-88714




The old half-timbered house Stockebrand is a two-story half-timbered building with a gable roof. At the beginning of the 19th century, the former residential house was built as part of a farm complex for Engelbert Stockebrand and subsequently extended. In 1971 the building was acquired by the municipality of Möhnesee and has been used as a "culture and meeting place" since 1976. A restoration took place in 2000/2001 on the initiative of the Kulturverein Möhnesee and was supported by the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.

In addition to exhibitions on changing themes, permanent exhibitions of works by local artists are also held. During the exhibitions the museum is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 15:00 to 17:00 (groups by appointment). The old half-timbered house Stockebrand is also open during individual events such as readings and musical evenings. Information about the current program can be found here.

In addition, the old half-timbered house Stockebrand can also be booked for civil weddings. The municipality of Möhnesee can provide more information on this.

Main opening times:

Day From Until
Sunday 15:00 17:00
Saturday 15:00 17:00


Freier Eintritt: 0 €

Wir binden die Videos der Plattform “YouTube” des Anbieters Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, ein. Datenschutzerklärung: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/, Opt-Out: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.