The present building dates back to the beginning of the 16th century. The castle mill was first mentioned in a document in 1300.
It consists of two floors and a high hipped roof. The porch with the old pulley is interesting. The mill was equipped with a banns right. This meant that all inhabitants of the town area of Menden and its parish had to have their grain ground at the castle mill. The magnificent half-timbered building next to it was built by the miller Johannes Hufnagel in 1804.
The last mill wheels were demolished in 1911.
The interior has long been home to an adventure restaurant. The taproom still illustrates the size and beauty of the former castle mill. Today it is managed by Vitantonio Castrignano.