The manor Störmede looks back on an eventful history.
However, the original building from the 12th century, the castle of Werno von Störmede, was located on today's church square. The relocation of the castle area to the current place was carried out by a descendant of the noble lord. According to history, he founded his own church from the castle chapel of his ancestor.
In the 14th century the castle was rebuilt by the Lords of Hörde, who replaced the line of the Lords of Störmede. Fires and decay changed the appearance in the further course.
The building was divided into two permanent houses, the "Old House" and the "High House". In addition, a "Middle House" was added as a structural feature. It was Alhard von Hörde in the 17th century who removed much of the old and brought about the construction of the present complex.
Until the second half of the 20th century the manor served as a noble residence, today the manor is the special address for conferences and private parties of any kind.
In the restaurant "Sturmidi" we combine traditional, chivalrous virtues of a host with contemporary comfort.
The newly built four-star hotel on the grounds of the Rittergut Störmede also stands for this. Large occasions or conferences find here the suitable ambience with the appropriate service.
Conference location in the heart of Südwestfalen
In the immediate vicinity of Soest, Paderborn, Lippstadt and the Sauerland - not far from Dortmund, Bielefeld and Hanover - the Rittergut Störmede is the ideal conference venue with overnight accommodations for those who want to hold meetings away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Surrounded by a park-like garden and embedded in a harmonious landscape, we offer you the possibility to hold your meetings in a concentrated way in the historical ambience of the Rittergut Störmede. Individual room design and perfect catering form the basis for the success of your MICE (Meeting, Incentive, Convention, Event).
For conferences lasting several days, you will find hotel rooms and hotel suites with comfortable, business-oriented room furnishings at Rittergut Störmede.
For a successful conference the Rittergut Störmede offers you:
- Modern conference and room technology
- Powerful and free of charge internet (WLAN)
- Air-conditioned and light-flooded conference rooms for up to 230 participants
- 9 conference rooms from 34 to 216 m²
- Hotel with comfortable, business-oriented room furnishings (e.g. USB connection at the desk)
- Restaurant with upscale, regional cuisine
- Free parking facilities
- Large park area for relaxing and working
- Optionally large terrace areas for catering and resting
- Sauna, fitness and pool in the hotel
- Less than an hour's drive from Dortmund and Bielefeld, less than two hours from Düsseldorf and Hannover
- Short distance to the regional airport Paderborn/Lippstadt