In 2013, Linnepe looked back on 700 years of mill history, as documents prove that as early as 1313 there was a functioning Kornmühle in the village, which is named after the small river Linnepe.
For centuries, the Wälter family operated this mill. In addition, they also opened a restaurant next door in 1932, which is still in operation today.
After electricity outstripped water power, the mill building was demolished in 1953.
In 2020, the current mill owner Rolf Wälter rebuilt the former mill building based on only a few existing drawings. "Whether quarry stones, floor pavers or old millstones, we reused a great many materials still in existence during construction. The half-timbering and the masonry bricks are new, but they have been processed with perfect craftsmanship in such a way that they reflect the former condition as faithfully as possible. The water wheel will soon be powering an electricity generator again."
An adjacent pond with pike, carp and sturgeon makes the idyll in the middle of Linnepe perfect.