The roots of Köhne Bedachungen go back to around 1900. In an old handicrafts book there are still entries from the early 20th century.
The company was run as a roofing business from 1945 by Josef Köhne until the handover of the business to his nephew, Franz-Josef Köhne, in 1982. In the meantime, the traditional company is already being run by the fourth generation, as Jannik Köhne joined the company at the beginning of 2014 and Michael Köhne in mid-2018. With the move from Effeln to the new industrial park in Belecke, the spatial expansion also brought exhibition possibilities on the outdoor area as well as a modern indoor exhibition.