The Hohenzollernpark was used from 1923 to 1870 as a burial ground for the Protestant community in place of the former cemetery around the church. In 1910 the church community sold it to the community of Halver under the condition that it should never be built on, but only used as a park. This was also registered in the land register.
In 1911 the cemetery was leveled and established as a park. The name Hohenzollernpark was chosen with the intention of erecting an imperial monument on it. Instead, the memorial was placed in the middle of the park, commemorating the Halverans who died in the world wars.
All data without guarantee!