Tour of the bunker?
According to contemporary witnesses, the tunnel bunker in the Propsteiberg was built in the fall/winter of 1943/44 by the local construction company Beele using forced laborers and was intended to provide shelter for about 400 people.
The construction was a reaction to the increasing air raids by the Allies, for which Belecke, as an armaments industry location and railroad junction, was a potential target.
The accessible part of the bunker has a total length of 127.1 meters. The length in east-west direction is 87.7 m, the length in north-south direction is 39.4 m. The bunker has a total area of 239.2 sqm and a total volume of 445 kbm. The dimensions correspond approximately to the specifications in the "Ordinance on the Construction of Air Raid Shelters" of 17.09.1943.