The history of the "Historic Ensemble Stütings Mühle" goes back to the late Middle Ages. Already in a document from the year 1307 a "mill located near the city" is mentioned; - since 1983 individual parts of the building have been restored and modernized again and again.
In 2020/21, the Wester river was renaturalized in the vicinity of the site, the Westertal cycle path was built and the historic gallery bunker was redeveloped. Today, the ensemble invites hikers and cyclists to linger and offers informative and exciting insights into the past during guided tours and visits.
The site is freely accessible during the day until nightfall.
Access to the buildings, the technical facilities and the cordoned-off areas is only possible or permitted as part of guided tours and visits for which a fee is charged.
We are looking forward to your visit!
The Kultur- und Heimatverein BADULIKUM e.V. offers under the motto "Belecke. Living History." Themed tours on the following topics:
- "Sawing with water power"
- "Ecological power generation with water power"
- "Lived preservation of historical monuments using the example of the `Little Reservoir'"
- "How was it? - Belecke in the 2nd World War
with the focus on the `Stollenbunker'".