The one-story manor house with the coat of arms decorated baroque portal was built in 1738 according to the plans of the master builder Michael Spanner (Erwitte), who also built the Grafschaft Monastery, the Abbey building in Liesborn Mon astery and the Old Town Hall in Rüthen.
Since 1912 Haus Almerfeld has been owned by the von Spee family.
Currently, the artist and designer Lutz Bernsau lives and works there. Visits to the studio, workshops and exhibition rooms are possible by appointment.
In summer, the artist opens his studio cafe in the courtyard of the estate under old chestnut trees. (Fri. - Sun. 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.)
Contact: Tel.: 02964 - 7514 101
l.bernsau@ gut - almerfeld.de