The Evangelical Church in Heedfeld is a barrel-vaulted hall church built in 1720 in plastered rubble stone masonry with a three-story tower. The pulpit altar dates back to the time of its construction. The parish church was added to the list of monuments on December 15, 1983.
The church is considered a testimony of the sacral architecture of the past centuries and thus fulfills an essential documentary function for the local area. The parish church also has urban significance, in that it has always contributed to the distinctive face of the village. In the immediate vicinity of the church is the holly (Hülsenhorste), the symbol of Hülscheid found on the coat of arms.
Next to the parish church Heefeld is the oat box Heedfeld:
The oat box Heedfeld is a grain box from 1742, which comes from the farm Bewerunge in Kuhlenkeppig near Heedfeld. Oat boxes were used primarily to store seed. The inscription "Diederich Grose von Haste und seine Ehehausfrau Anne Elibet von Hefeld Anno 1742 den 18. October" is carved into the high frame above the entrance door. Early example of corner post type with intermediate post, missing separate hem sill. Door is centered. Plank walls closed off the hallway to the right and left, as well as the center of the box. The building was restored as a document of a completed building and economic form in 1983 by the association for history and preservation of local history in the community of Schalksmühle e.V. and placed next to the evangelic village church of Heedfeld.
All information without guarantee!