Freely accessible, it lies in the midst of the unspoiled nature of the Diemelsee Nature Park of the same name, with a great abundance of fish, waterfowl and game.
There is a mild stimulating climate. Its beneficial effect results from the balance of pure air, sun, temperature, humidity and wind.
The lake fascinates again and again at every time of day and season, in every weather and mood.
Active recreation in harmony with nature awaits you at Diemelsee. Ideal for rest and relaxation, for leisurely lingering and active recreation, for outstanding, natural, landscape-based vacation experiences.
Experience the silence of nature:
- here it is not yet overcrowded,
- here the whole world does not meet,
- here you can enjoy your free time in peace,
- here you can let your soul dangle.
The lake district is also a treasure chest of nature,
- where pure idyll is at home, ...and the purest joie de vivre;
- where you can enjoy nature with all your senses and discover originality;
- where you can hike the beauty of the landscape on extended tours;
- where you can completely cycle around the lake on a bicycle tour;
- where small and large sportsmen can explore the lake in a varied way,
- where you can cavort to your heart's content on, in, above and under water.
Away from the hustle and bustle of the big city, you will find ideal conditions for rest and relaxation in the towns of Marsberg and the municipality of Diemelsee . Vacation can be so beautiful directly in front of the door. Without going far away from the city, here you have the feeling of being far away from the stress of everyday life.
Especially in summer, the lake is the ideal place to spend the day and end the day after a hike on the Diemelsteig or a bike ride on the Diemelradweg. The entrance into the clear water is very pleasant, trees provide some shade and the sun reaches the Helminghausen bathing beach until late in the evening.
By land, by water and even by air the almost inexhaustible possibilities of the vacation region Diemelsee can be explored. The reservoir is a Dorado for water sports enthusiasts: sailing, surfing and canoeing, trips with pedal boats, electric boats or rowing boats, a round trip with the passenger ship " MS Muffert", ferryboat hiking, hiking, cycling, fishing in peace, diving or simply swimming in the open air to your heart's content. A large sunbathing lawn, excellent water quality and good parking facilities round off the offer.
You can download a flyer on the Diemelsee vacation region in German.