The Catholic parish church Christus König on Hermann-Köhler-Straße was built in 1930. In the 1970s, the Catholic community redesigned the building. The church is characterized by its bright, friendly building and excellent acoustics, so that it is also used as a cultural and concert venue - 250 visitors can be seated here.
The Pfarrer-Neunzig-Haus parish hall - in memory of the Halver parish vicar Josef Neunzig, who was an enemy of the state in the eyes of the National Socialists and was therefore imprisoned in the Dachau concentration camp - also provides space for cultural events.
The Christus König church belongs to the parish of the same name. It covers an area of almost 240 square kilometers, making it one of the largest parishes in the Essen diocese. It includes the towns of Halver and Schalksmühle in the Märkischer Kreis, the city of Breckerfeld, which belongs to the Ennepe-Ruhr district, and the southern foothills of the city of Hagen with the districts of Dahl, Priorei and Rummenohl. In total, the parish registers around 8000 Catholics (as of the beginning of 2017) among its more than 40,000 inhabitants. The parish includes three Catholic daycare centers, Catholic public libraries in each community - one of which is in cooperation with the municipal community of Schalksmühle - and two scout troops in Hagen-Dahl and Halver. In addition, the Don Bosco youth education center and the diocesan center of the DPSG in the Essen diocese are located in the area.
The oldest church in the parish is the present parish church of St. James in Breckerfeld, which was built as a Reformed church and has been used as a Catholic church since 1845. From here, the parishes Christus König in Halver (since 1880/ church 1930) and Herz Jesu in Rummenohl (church built until 1921, today used by the DPSG) were founded; within the parish of Rummenohl, today's parish church Heilig Geist in Dahl as well as the parish St. Thomas Morus Schalksmühle (with parts formerly belonging to the church of Lüdenscheid) were founded, whose church was consecrated in 1956.
All information without guarantee!