The abbot's crook and the shingled slanting beam were the coat of arms of the Bredelar Abbey. The village of Bredelar formerly belonged to the municipality of Giershagen and became an independent municipality on April 1, 1900. The wavy base of the shield refers to the Hoppecke brook flowing through the village.
In addition to the Protestant Christuskirche and the Catholic Christkönig Church, there is also the Bredelar Monastery Cultural and Meeting Center with the exhibition hall Kunstraum Sauerland and the local history collection.
Extensive mixed forests, for example, invite you to take long hikes on the Bredelar mining trails.
Here you also pass a Mariengrotte in the forest that is worth seeing.
- Protestant Christuskirche Bredelar
- Catholic Christ the King Church Bredelar
- Themed hiking trail "Bredelar Mining Traces
- Local hiking trails Br1 and Br2 (both north of Bredelar)
- Cultural and meeting center Bredelar Monastery
- Training and show foundry Bredelar Monastery
- Local history collection Bredelar
- Tennis hall Bredelar
Here you can find more about Bredelar.