Current note: Please check the facility's website for information on whether and under what current conditions a visit is possible.
The Spieker is one of the oldest buildings in the community of Herscheid. The building wing consists of a quarry stone house from the 15th/16th century and a much younger half-timbered house with an attached horse stable. In early times, the building served to receive the natural goods that had to be paid to the church.
The Spieker in the course of the centuries:
- 1686 burned down to the rubble stone wall during the village fire.
- 1759 churchyard property owned by Peter Pollmann.
- 1794 the Alberts family acquires half of the Spiekergut.
- 1820 the present half-timbered building with horse stable is erected on the old foundation.
- 1822 Joh. Died. Alberts acquires the second part of the Spiekergut.
- until 1884 inn, agriculture, carriage business.
- Before the Second World War, a wool and linen store is located in the Spieker.
- In 1984 the building is listed as a historical monument.
- In 2005 the Spieker becomes the property of the municipality of Herscheid.
- 2006 next to the library and the wedding room the Heimatstube is located in the Spieker.
- 2009 the Heimatstube is officially opened after renovation works.
In the lovingly furnished rooms of the Spieker there are many exhibits from old times. Household appliances, furnishings, tools, pictures and much more invite you to a journey into the past.
Attention: The visit of the Heimatstube in the Spieker in Herscheid is unfortunately not possible at the moment due to the Corona pandemic.
For more information about opening hours etc. please contact https://ghv-herscheid.de/ or the 1st chairman Dr. Klaus Hüttebräucker: Tel. 02357/4501!
Text source © Heimatverein Herscheid
All information without guarantee!