The four cubes made of flambéed wood remind us of the origin of Referinghausen.
The place was first mentioned in a document from 1269 and at that time was a settlement of four small farms, whose inhabitants lived exclusively from agriculture. This Open Mind Place takes up the typology of the traditional farmhouse, which consists of three parts, the living area, the stable and the Tenne. The elongated house form with a gable roof was placed vertically and brought together to form a place of memory.
The visitor walks through the interstices and finds peace and contemplation in the individual cubes.
Text source: Christoph Hessen Architects, book "Open Mind Places".