From 1899 to 1960, there was rail traffic between Brilon, Belecke and Soest. Four pairs of trains passed the line daily. However, with the development of the omnibus, passenger service was abandoned around 1960. Ten years later, freight traffic was also discontinued.
In 2004, the first wagon was placed there as a memorial, the second followed in 2009. In addition to the wagons on display, the building of the old station, which is now used as a restaurant, is also used, for example, by cyclists on the Möhnetalradweg, which leads from Brilon via the town of Warstein to Arnsberg.