The oat box Heedfeld is a grain box from 1742, which originally came from the farm Bewerunge in Kuhlenkeppig near Heedfeld. At that time, oat boxes were mainly used to store seeds.
The following inscription can still be found above the entrance door: "Diederich Grose von Haste and his wife Anne Elibet von Hefeld Anno 1742 den 18. October". The oat house in Heedfeld is considered an early example of the so-called corner post type with an intermediate post and a missing separate hem sill. Here, the door is centered and plank walls close off the aisle to the right and left as well as the center of the box.
The building was restored in 1983 by the Verein für Geschichte und Heimatpflege in der Gemeinde Schalksmühle e.V. and placed next to the protestant village church Heedfeld.
All data without guarantee!