Lucia Chapel


The Luzienkapelle, one of the three chapels in Eversberg



Lucia Chapel


59872 Meschede

Telefon: 0291-51146 (Pfarrbüro)



The small chapel in Eversberg, next to the entrance of which there are two lime trees on the right and left, was built in honor of the Virgin Mary and St. Lucia. It dates back to 1739, when the townspeople vowed to build a chapel after the epidemic "Rote Weh" (red Ruhr) had claimed the lives of 50 Eversberg residents.

In the chapel there is a baroque altar, inside of which there is the Mother of God Mary with the Child. To the left of it is depicted St. Lucia, to the right St. Agatha. Since 1983, the Lucien Chapel has been registered as a monument in the list of monuments of the city of Meschede.It is located on the southern outskirts of Meschede-Eversberg.

Wir binden die Videos der Plattform “YouTube” des Anbieters Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, ein. Datenschutzerklärung:, Opt-Out: