House Dassel


At the entrance to the recreational park of Warstein-Allagen stands the castle-like building Haus Dassel. The foundation of this building goes back to Viktor Röper, who founded an iron and chain factory here after 1840. Today the building is used by various associations and serves as a museum of local history.

Haus Dassel

alter Klassenraum

erstes Fahrrad

Besichtigung eines alten Bügeleisens

Besichtigung eines alten Waffeleisens/eine alte Kü

Besichtigung der alten Schätze

Bilder von Allagen aus alten Zeiten


House Dassel

Viktor-Röper-Straße 2

59581 Warstein

Telefon: +49 2921 3450901



In February 1887, the marble manufacturer Georg Dassel took over this building. The good success of the new marble business prompted the founder Georg Dassel to considerably expand his residential and office building and to decorate it more representatively. Thus, in 1900, he added the massive tower, created new offices and decorated the house on both sides with a stepped gable. The interior of the house was richly decorated with marble. Special mention should be made of the magnificent stucco ceiling in the salon. After the then municipality of Allagen acquired the factory premises and the villa in 1972, the old factory buildings were demolished in 1974 and the grounds were landscaped to resemble a park. The marble and granite stones in the park remind of the Dassel marble factory. The municipality handed over the beautiful house with park to the associations of the municipality as a place of meeting and education. Today the house is used by local clubs or cultural groups like the metal band Menerra, the SGV Allagen or the brass band Allagen. In the house there are the local museum rooms. A stone park was created in the side garden.

In addition, the house is to be filled again with cultural life and is therefore worth a visit.

Inside there is also a museum of local history, where it is possible to see a local history room, a kitchen furnished in the style of the early 20th century, a schoolroom of the old Allagen elementary school, as well as agricultural tools and machines, a field smithy, carpenter's and stonemason's tools, an original cobbler's room and the first washing machines.

Guided tours of the Dassel house are possible by appointment, with Rainer Kleeschulte as the contact person.


Freier Eintritt: 0 €

Wir binden die Videos der Plattform “YouTube” des Anbieters Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, ein. Datenschutzerklärung:, Opt-Out: