The original church was probably built as early as the 11th century as a hall church with a rectangular choir, evidence from excavations in 1974 supports this.
The building is a small Romanesque hall church of three bays. It was built in the second half of the 13th century. The interior is 8.8 × 12 meters. The building with semicircular apse was built of quarry stone and later plastered in white. In 1924 the church was extended to the west. The Romanesque building was preserved, the destroyed tower was rebuilt. In the nineties of the twentieth century the church was extensively renovated. The hall is characterized by pedestal-less round pillars and burr-shaped cross vaults. Remarkable are exposed remains of Romanesque wall paintings with, among others, scenes from the life of Jesus and St. Martin.