In the center of the village is the parish church of St. Barbara, built in 1902 and financed by the inhabitants of Langeneicke and Ermsinghausen. The foundation stone is embedded in the masonry next to the main entrance. The carved inscription reads: ANNO DOMINI MDCCCCII. The construction was started in June 1902 and already on December 4, 2012 the church was consecrated. The church was 18 m long and 12 m wide, including the choir. On 30.04.1904, according to the episcopal permission, the Blessed Sacrament was placed in the tabernacle for the first time and the "Eternal Lamp" was lit. In 1905 the church tower was erected.
An old, simple picture of the Perpetual Help from the old chapel had found its place on the first pillar on the women's side. The Mother of Perpetual Help was the place of refuge for many a distressed person. Through the mediation of the episcopal authorities, a new picture came from Rome. On the Feast of the Candlemas (02.02.1911) the altar with the image was consecrated by Redemptorist Father Pikarz from the monastery in Bochum and the Brotherhood of Perpetual Help was established.
Behind the icon there is a document and translated it has the following wording: PATRITIUS MURRAY
OF THE CONGREGATION OF THE HOLY ALIVE
GENERAL SUPERIOR AND SUPREME REctor
express faith and testify that this image of the Blessed Virgin Mary is credible imprint of the same ancient and miraculously pure original image; which under the title of the "Perpetual Help", was once in the Church of St. Matthew in Merulana de Ur. Matthew in Merulana de Urbe, now venerated among others in St. Alphonsus M. de Ligouri in Equiliis, and awarded the Golden Crown by the Venerated Vatican Chapter. In this faith. Rome, from the Collegium of the Most Holy Redeemer and in honor of St. Alphonsus on December 12, 1910. no. 36221 Blessed by Her Holiness PP. Pius X and attached to the aforementioned image.
Auxiliary Bishop Heinrich Hähling von Lanzenauer performed the consecration of the church and the high altar on April 21, 1913. Vicar Nillies received from the auxiliary bishop the so-called sepulcrum with the relics sealed in it, destined for the high altar.
In 1922 the sacristy was enlarged. In 1929, the first two simple side windows were replaced by stained-glass windows, namely "David with the Harp" and "Cecilia playing the Organ"; a few years later, the four other windows followed, namely "Emperor Henry, St. Gertrude, Tarcisius and St. Agnes".
In the summer of 1934, the interior of the church underwent a renovation, during which the main altar and the altar of St. Mary received a new structure and an altar of the Sacred Heart was newly erected. The second interior renovation took place in September 1958. In 1974 the choir room was redesigned according to the guidelines of the Second Vatican Council and a new tabernacle was installed on the front wall of the right side. On the occasion of the 75th anniversary in 1977, the church received a new altar with baptismal font and ambo. The consecration was performed by HH. He placed the relics of the holy martyrs Simplicius and Mansuetus in the new altar. These relics were already in the first altar of the church.
In 2000, the church underwent a comprehensive exterior and interior renovation. The tabernacle was moved back to the center of the apse.