Andreaskapelle Medebach

Chapel

#deinsauerland / Outdooractive POIs / Andreaskapelle Medebach

The Andreaskapelle in Medebach





Andreaskapelle in Medebach

Address

Andreaskapelle Medebach

Kirchstraße 13

59964 Medebach

The chapel is the oldest building in Medebach

The single-nave St. Andrew's Chapel in Kirchstraße was first mentioned in a document in 1283. The oldest components, however, date back to the 8th century. An inscription points to the year 1341, the date of the renovation at that time.

More information about the chapel and the history of Glindfeld Monastery can be found on the plaque at the chapel.

The chapel is not open for visiting, occasionally devotions are held there.

Text source: Touristik-Gesellschaft Medebach mbH

Wir binden die Videos der Plattform “YouTube” des Anbieters Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, ein. Datenschutzerklärung: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/, Opt-Out: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.