- Parking spaces available
- Bus stop available
- Free admission
- free of charge / accessible at any time
Chapel of St. Lucia
Marktstraße
59872 Meschede
The small chapel in Eversberg, with two lime trees to the right and left of the entrance, was built in honor of the Virgin Mary and St. Lucia. It dates back to 1739, when the citizens of the town vowed to build a chapel after 50 Eversberg residents had lost their lives in the "Rote Weh" (red Ruhr) epidemic in previous years.
The chapel contains a baroque altar, inside which the Virgin Mary with the child can be seen. St. Lucy is depicted on the left and St. Agatha on the right. St. Lucy's Chapel has been listed as a historical monument in the town of Meschede since 1983 and is located on the southern outskirts of Meschede-Eversberg.
Eversberg can be reached from Meschede by bus line C3. The nearest bus stop is "Eversberg, Johannisstraße". From here it is a 400m walk to the Luzienkapelle.